Scottish Transport Extravaganza – 10/11 July 2021 – Cancellation
It is with an extremely heavy heart that the Board of Trustees have made the decision to cancel the 2021 Extravaganza. Whilst the number of people contracting the Covid 19 virus is showing positive signs of reduction in many parts of the country there is still a concern that new strains of the virus may delay or restrict plans to incrementally allow activities to re-commence. The Scottish Government has given indications that a definitive route map out of the lockdown restrictions may be able to be drawn up and implemented over the coming months. Coupled with the uptake of the vaccines this is giving a degree of optimism that we may over the summer months be able to develop individual and group outings to some degree. At this point, however, restrictions on movement and gatherings are placing limits on what can be done to both assess what is feasible and practical in terms of Club activities.
So with all of the above the Trustees of the Club consider the safety of members, visitors and participants in our events to be paramount and as the current position cannot provide the confidence that we can meet our obligations in this respect and, further, that people may not themselves be willing to participate in any mass gatherings in the short term, the Trustees came to the decision that the Scottish Transport Extravaganza will not take place in 2021.
All at the Club look forward with optimism that the steps being taken nationally will be effective in controlling the virus and reducing the spread over the coming months to a point where we will all be able to meet, participate and enjoy outdoor and indoor events free from the current health risks and restrictions.
The timescale for resumption of Club activities is also uncertain at this time, however, the Club will continue to monitor progress in defeating the virus and the easing of restrictions on movement, etc. The Club will continue to provide regular updates on the position as matters develop.
In compliance with the general lock-down order the premises at Bridge View House will therefore remain closed until further notice.
We will be in touch with participants regarding paid entry fees over the next few days.
Please keep an eye on our website or Facebook or if you have any questions please email Lesley on firstname.lastname@example.org